Monday, May 4, 2009

Confessions (Sunday Scribbles #1)

I've decided that once in a while, probably not every week, I'm going to participate in this new meme that actually doesn't have to do a lot with books. However, I think it is pretty darn cool so I'm going to try my hand at this.*

Over at the blog Sunday Scribbles two bloggers post a writing challenge for people to complete each week. This week's challenge is to talk about confessions.

Hmmm. Do I have any confessions? I hate cherries. Everything except for the pure, wholesome, un-sugar-afied, organic thing. But that's not really something you want to hear about, am I right?

I guess I picked a pretty bad day to start this "Sunday Scribbles" thing on but I just thought the idea was really, really cool so I wanted to try it. That's a confession, right?

Okay, think book-related . . . Oohh! I got something! I guess this isn't really a confession to you 99% of the readers on this blog, but to one person in particular . . . you'll figure it out. :)

Here is a conversation I had with Friend X:

Friend X and I are walking to math (?) class when X says:

"You won't believe it Iryna! You know that book that I requested from the library?"

X doesn't wait for me to reply.

"Well, I went to pick it up from the library yesterday but some idiot didn't return it on time so I didn't get it! Can you believe it?!"

Oooops. I don't say anything but in my head I make a mental note to return the only copy of that book to the library ASAP.

X? I'm sorry! *blushes*


*Yeah, I know it's not Sunday but "Monday" rhymes with "Sunday" so it totally works out. :D

3 comments:

Marie said...

ohhh no! return your books on time!

Laina said...

I'm sorta on your side here. In my library, books can take weeks to get there, so if you just walk in thinking it'll be there, you're setting yourself up for a fall. My library calls you when it comes in.

Unknown said...

You have an award! Come check out my blog! dontlosemyplace.blogspot.com